We aim to provide the highest standard of care, delivering it safely, always striving to exceed the expectations of our patients and stakeholders.
Our Sonography Practitioners and front office staff are trained to the highest standard always operating within our Guidelines & Protocols but we are never complacent.
- We talk to our patients in a friendly & empathetic manner before, during and after the scan giving them quality individual care always ensuring a personal touch.
- We obtain consent prior to any scan to ascertain that the patient is still willing to undergo the sonographic examination. This we believe empowers patients to make choices at every stage of their care and share their worries with us.
- We then yield as much relevant imaging information as we possibly can and tailor our scans to the patient’s individual problem. This enables us to compose a clinically useful report.
- We do not rush our patients or dismiss their concerns; we endeavour to give them appropriate advice commensurate with their on-going care with referring clinicians.
- Scan reports are produced timeously never to delay treatment or further investigations and urgent findings are conveyed to the referring clinicians by telephone & fax immediately
- We participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings, audit our work regularly in order to identify areas of improvement, learn from experience and continue to build on our strengths.
- We continuously seek feedback in different areas of our service to identify areas of strength or concern.
- We fully investigate all concerns & complaints and respond to anyone not happy with any aspect of our service, then actively act to remedy areas of deficiency.
- We continue to learn and build on every encounter we have with each patient, their healthcare clinician, carers and family members, not least the commissioners
- Harmonic Medical Sonography is registered and regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) under the Health & Social Act 2008.
All scans are performed with modern high specification equipment to the highest technical standards adhering to recommended guidelines from leading professional bodies i.e. the Society & College of Radiographers (SCoR), the British Medical Ultrasound Society (BMUS), the Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) and the European Federation of Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology (EFUSMB) as well as clients’ protocols.